Friday, July 26, 2019

Used Mercedes-Benz Models For Sale Near Me

Used Mercedes-Benz Models For Sale Near Me





To whom it may concern: The rating above was given based upon the impressive quality of the work necessary. The overall experiential was world class. In this day, all of us like fast, accurate completion on-the-job. Mister Peoples' conduct was professional , courteous, business- like, a gentleman who exhibits knowledge in his area of expertise. Stable in his stamina, productivity, and performance, as in the time of 2014- until today I have encountered him at Mercedes-Benz service center, he is an asset to the growth of your business. I'm grateful for the gift, Mercedes-Benz have given me, of Mister Melvin Peoples. Representing Mercedes-Benz he is adept. The hospitality Mister Peoples offered was quintessential to the friendliness and sociability of putting this customer at a safe place. Mercedes-Benz's employees, location, the state of the art facility, and the holiday decorum culminate in a bottom-line. For all intents and purposes , when an addendum is needed, please feel free to contact me.





I have taken some voltage readings before and after the fitting of the new battery just in case you can use them to help someone else out. 12v to the starter solenoid via the white/purple wire on the connector for about 1 second along with telling the ignition and fuel injectors etc to get going! 0 volts on all positions. 0 volts on all positions. 0 volts on all positions. Think in terms of your battery lasting four years max and get it tested soon after that period, when cells start to fail or do not hold their charge replace the battery. Having looked at my manual A160 I suspect they were both owners owned automatics, one certainly was. Certainly it involves a lot of work, if you have the expertise, yes it can be done but great care would need to be exercised to avoid loosing the present gear selector/box settings.





That said I received this information from Bob in Australia who replaced his Valeo starter from the top, he took his time and the job was very successful. I have attached some photos of my starter motor change, I bought the genuine article through the UK from Poland, its a Valeo motor. You will see in the photo of the engine bay, the manual cables which run over the top of the starter. The two securing bolts I can confirm are torx T40 although a Allen key would probably fit but not the best fit if they are really tight. Its best to fit the rear bolt into the starter first, then juggle the starter nose first and then under the gearbox linkage cables then into its mounting position, fit and nip up the top bolt first. Tools I used were a combination of various extension bars, 1/4 and 3/8 and universal couplings. The tricky part was getting the solenoid terminal nuts back on!





So I cut a small piece of paper masking tape and jammed it into the socket and then pressed the terminal nut into the socket to make a nice tight fit in the socket so it would not fall out. This worked extremely well. I found that the gearbox rubber breather hose was rotten and split and broken at the inlet manifold. I just capped the manifold port, left the breather hose lying on the block, it can breath to atmosphere. I also found the rubber fuel line hose from the injector rail to the firewall pipe had many splits along it length and sooner or later would burst so I replaced that along with the rotten engine breather hose. A fresh oil change and filter was done 5w-50, the engine starts and runs perfectly now, got rid of that lazy lifter rattle, the car has been sitting for about 6months with little use.





Yes you are right, MB would change a fortune to replace the starter. 750 which I am sure are the Chinese version! He is a wonderful person to deal with, very professional. AU. He gets them thru Holland from the factory in Poland. A big difference. He also sells the Chinese cheaper ones but I was not interested. So if you have the time and patience to do this job it really is worth it. It could be done in 1 day but I took my time and did it methodically and carefully in 2 days. It is plastic and I am sure could crack and that is the last thing you need happen. Its quiet impossible to remove without lowering the engine because there is a section which goes down into the water pump and there' is no clearance between the car body to get it out. Also there is a bolt behind the water pump pulley which attaches this pipe and that's also impossible to get out. Easier just to left that pipe alone as I did and it was no problem to get the starter past it with patience, that is the key word.

No comments:

Post a Comment