2010 Cadillac Truck Escalade RWD V8-6.0L Hybrid Page 900
The electronic brake control module (EBCM) detects an internal malfunction.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* Ignition ON.
* Ignition voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The EBCM detects an internal malfunction.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* The EBCM disables the antilock brake system (ABS), traction control and the vehicle stability enhancement system for the duration of the
* A driver information center message and/or a warning indicator may be displayed.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition for the DTC is no longer present.
* The EBCM clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 40 consecutive drive cycles.
Antilock Brake System Schematics (See: Brakes and Traction Control/Antilock Brakes / Traction Control Systems/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
ABS Description and Operation (See: Brakes and Traction Control/Antilock Brakes / Traction Control Systems/Description and Operation/ABS
Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the EBCM.
2. Test for less than 1 ohm between the ground circuits listed below and ground.
* Terminal 13
* Terminal 38
瀚慖f greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.
3. Ignition ON, verify that a test lamp illuminates between the B+ circuits listed below and ground.
* Terminal 1
* Terminal 25
瀚慖f the test lamp does not illuminate, test the appropriate circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance.
4. If all circuits test normal, replace the EBCM.