Thursday, August 11, 2022

It May Not Be An RS




Great regrets that my deposit couldn鈥檛 secure one. Go to your dealer. It may not be an RS. It they've already been told if they're getting an allocation of the next gen one. My dealer was told a month ago, but just not how many they'd be getting. Here's hoping the "old crappy" version is more within reach of us peasants. Haha. They're out there. I didn't pick mine up until a month ago. Got it used, 4k mi on it. I Iove everything about it. I haven't been in love with a car this much ever. I work at a Porsche dealer and they haven't even confirmed there will be another gt4. Dealerships don't know anything. People spout this crap all the time because some salesman at some dealership claims to have some inside info. The car is real when Porsche announces it. Until then it is just speculation. Kinda. Dealerships will still take deposits for cars.





But also the new GT4 has been spotted lots out in the wild so it's just a question of when they'll announce it. The new GT4 has NOT been spotted in the wild and there is no official announcement. You are falling for fake click bait news. Dealerships taking deposits for cars has absolutely no official meaning at all, and is absolutely 100% not related to anything at the Porsche factory. All these "lists" people talk about are straight up BS. There is no meaning or obligation behind any of them. The lists are bullshit. My local dealers both said porsche will not allow them to take deposits on cars that have not officially been announced. And it's typically not a matter of who shows up at the dealership with a check first that gets an allocation. At least not for the first several build slots. I work at a dealership and we don't take deposits until we have an idea of how many we are getting. Don't want to take 50 deposits and a year later get 40 allocations. If I had the money, I'd buy one in a heartbeat! These things are going to appreciate like crazy. Nice shot, didn't know you were on Reddit! I follow you on IG and think I might've bumped into you once in person (the 220i) but forgot if it was at Lukeng or Big Wave Bay.





I've been having my Porsche serviced at Carrera Motors since 2009 and have always had a great experience. Adam and Bogie are a pleasure to work with. They deliver quality work in a timely manner. Their prices are quite fair. I've recommended them many times and will continue to use their shop. I have been taking my cars to Adam at Carrara for a couple years and couldn't be more happy with their quality work and fair prices. I have a couple BMWs and a Mercedes that I would take to Adam before ever going to a dealer. They quickly diagnose the problem and recommended service and I drive my cars with confidence. I really appreciate their work and professional attitude. I called on advice about my car in the dealer with a major problem after the dealers service rep left me the bad news . Great service by great people. I will not take my car anywhere else. Adam and and his crew know everything about Porsche. I highly recommend Carrera Motors.





Will keep bring my Porsche 911 for services. I've tried all of the major BMW shops in and around San Mateo. I've tried Holland. I've tried ABS. I've tried Peter Pan BMW. And I've tried Motorsport Division. My favorite shop is Carrera Motors. Adam at Carrera just finished a very complicated fix of my BMW 540i involving a known problem, a deteriorated timing chain rail. Another local shop said they would not even attempt to perform this complicated fix and recommend that I just junk the car. I brought my 03' 996 in for an IMS upgrade and asked Adam to check on a number of things since I purchased this vehicle pre-owned from the dealer without any past service records. I was quoted a competitive price so I decided to move forward. They have a small parking lot that's almost always full, but street parking is usually available. They don't have a huge waiting area, so plan to drop off your car as opposed to waiting for it. You won't get free espresso and wifi like at the Porsche dealers, but you'll get polite and honest treatment from Adam and Boggie. If your Porsche needs work and you're tired of paying insane dealer prices, I recommend bringing it to the Porsche experts at Carrera Motors. Adam at Carerra Motors was great. I will make sure I return his generosity by servicing my car with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment