Monday, July 29, 2019

Don't You Just Love Mercedes-AMG Cars?

Don't You Just Love Mercedes-AMG Cars?





Don't you just love Mercedes-AMG cars? They sound really superb. This new one looks a little plain-Jane though. Maybe they're keeping the steroids off until the Black edition of the car comes out? This Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Coupe may look a little plain but whatever the case, any new AMG is worth waiting for these days. Especially if it has a normally aspirated V8 in it. Oh the noise.It's always about the noise when it comes to AMG Mercedes'. It makes you weak in the knees. The heck with everything else. And while it is plain looking, it is not ugly. Which is what no one wants in a car. Unless you're those sad souls in Malaysia who think that buying a Peugeot 207 sedan means you're better off or have more class than a person buying a Proton. Let me break it out to you NOT gently - You're worse than the Inspira owner. Your Pug is PUG UGLY. I apologise for that outburst. But it seems to me that the Peugeot 207 Sedan is the MOST UGLIEST CAR sold in Malaysia, replacing the previous generation Honda City tadpole on stilts. Note that this is the ugliest car category. The Mini 'Alphard' or the Chana Mini MPV is still reigning champion in the MPV category. Anyway, click here to read more about the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Coupe.





The information display screen would take time to master especially in switching screens. We didn't get to have a V6 option due to the taxation systems we had regarding engine displacements. Two four cylinder engines with supercharging are the choices. From 2000-2003, a M111.940 1,998cc which has 160hp at 5,300rpm and 224Nm at 2,500-4,800rpm was the sole choice. If you bought your W203 brand new between 2004 to 2006, you might have the E18ML 1,796cc that has 141hp at 5,200rpm and 220Nm at 2,500-4,200rpm under the hood of your unit. Both engines have wide torque ranges which translates to a just responsive cruise that befits the theme of the vehicle. Fire up the ignition of the C Class and you'll be pampered with the silent sound of the supercharged four pot engine. Give the accelerator some push and you'll be treated with the sudden surge, similar to an eagle catching its prey. Ride comfort is superb except when hitting the crater size hole in the middle of the road, as with all Chedengs. Drive it on the open road and get the maximum satisfaction but do it prudently, or it may damage the suspension system. Are you the type of person who wants to be behind the front seats all the time? Or the type of person who want to get behind the wheel? The C Class in W203 platform is a good package. If you want one, go buy one. Besides, old or new, it is still a Benz!





I have to apologize to you readers out there. I have been extremely busy with life these days. Over the past month or so I have been occupied with traveling and a whole bunch of stuff. I was in Penang early last month. I was also in Raub, Pahang thrice. I was in Fraser's Hill twice. I was in Ipoh once. I was basically everywhere except in front of a computer typing out stuff. In between all of that traveling. I had to work. I had cars to service. I also had to chill out with friends to talk about man/boy stuff. In short, writing has taken the last seat on a very long bus filled with countless of other activities that requires my time. I sometimes wish time does not fly as fast as it does these days. It my be age catching up and suddenly overtaking yours truly as I find my self trying to do so many things in a week. Now back to the topic of cars. I seem to have acquired a fleet of cars over the past couple of months.





The Subaru has been a very reliable workhorse and recently had its cracked front windscreen changed. I have no issues with the car and it has only left me stranded once due to a leaking water pump hose. But throughout the seven and a half years of ownership it has performed admirably and at times punches above its weight. The Proton Wira is like any 1.6 automatic Proton Wira out there. Very cheap to maintain and very dependable. After sorting out its overheating issues it has been a decent, albeit a slightly boring ride. The Suzuki Alto 1.0-It has been to the Suzuki service center twice in the last 6 months. This is because somehow, the service booklet suggests that you service it every 3 to 4 months or 5,000km. In order to keep its warranty intact I am doing just that although it hasn't crossed 4,000km to date. The reason this car was chosen over a Perodua Viva or another Myvi is that it drives better than both and my mum likes the way it looks. I like the way it looks.





My mum takes it to be shops in front of her house and to a few places in and around her neighbourhood. I have a warranty claim to make from Suzuki thought, the key cylinder at the steering column is a little sticky and according to Suzuki, a replacement cylinder is in order. A rare occurrence according to Suzuki. So rare that it has to be ordered from India, the place where the Alto is made. Sometimes, you get issues with cars that aren't made by Proton (this little statement is for those that think you can't get issues with cars other than Proton). Now aside from that, everything has been peachy with the tiny Suzy. The Perodua Myvi is trusty and dependable. The Missus isn't complaining about having to drive a car that has consistently headed the Malaysian car sales list over the past few years. It may have a trashy ride and a slightly hollow feel to it but it serves its purpose and competently does what its supposed to do. Its looks do not offend me (unlike the Proton Saga BLM) and it is nippy around town (which is very important when traffic is bad these days). Coupled with the mods I've done on it. It's actually quite good to drive. I've added another one to the list. A brand spanking new Mercedes Benz C180 CGI BlueEfficiency. Yes folks, I've basically decided to satisfy my lust for the three pointed star. Expect some sort of write-up on it soon. If my hectic life allows me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment